At Benson Hill, we are committed to empowering innovators to unlock nature’s genetic diversity from plant to plate, with the purpose of creating healthier, great-tasting food and ingredient options that are both widely accessible and sustainable. Food safety and quality is critical to our success as a business, ensuring safe and high-quality products that satisfy our customers.
We are committed to the highest standards for food safety and quality across our business. We believe that achieving the highest food safety and quality lies with every single Benson Hill employee, contractor and our subsidiaries, in how they do their job and in their relationships with stakeholders. We accomplish this through the following food safety and quality principles that form the basis of our corporate commitment, we aspire to:
- Meet all federal, state, and local regulatory requirements and utilize industry best practices to ensure our products are of the highest quality and safe
- Provide our employees the resources and training needed to implement our food safety and quality commitments
- Maintain food safety plans in accordance with industry and regulatory requirements and continuously improve our programs that support manufacturing practices, process control management, and product quality assurance
- Maintain a quality management system that is measured, evaluated, and validated through an internal audit program
- Require all suppliers of products/services that relate to food safety have submitted all appropriate documentation before becoming an approved supplier
- Seek continual improvement of our processes and polices lead by our senior management team with input from employees and stakeholders
This commitment applies to all our operations and the employees and contractors who work in them. Where Benson Hill does not have operating control, we encourage our partners to demonstrate the commitments reflected in this document. Benson Hill will review our commitment annually.